Creating Engaging Long-Form Videos is Easier than you Think
Videos are a popular content format primarily because of how digestible they are for mobile users. Watching a video on a phone with earbuds can be accomplished while riding in a car, waiting for a train, or walking (which we do not support) compared to reading content which is not always very easy. That is why businesses looking for a boost in the area of content marketing are turning to videos to engage audiences. As a top digital marketing firm, we wanted to show everyone that creating engaging long-form videos is easier than you think.
One reason long-form video is avoided by many content creators is because at first-glance they seem difficult and labor intensive to produce, especially ones made with high-enough quality to generate the engagement desired. With most videos being 30 to 90 seconds, making something in the 3 to 5-minute range is a big jump but that should be looked at as a positive because it allows for better selling of products or services.
The Power of Online Video
In the case of online video, both short and long form, the reason they are deemed so powerful is:
- Ability for storytelling
- Reasonable cost for results
- Higher engagement because of visual and audio input
- Ability to share
Even when you consider the additional time, effort, and cost compared to something such as writing a blog, the potential reach of a great video is millions of views within a short time frame such as a week. Great articles or infographics struggle to match those numbers in a month.
Process for Long-Form Video Creation
This is a general outline for creating engaging, long-form videos. Of course, worth mentioning is that every business, and its’ customers, are different. Therefore, there will be variations when it comes to the customer’s journey which might mean making modifications to this outline to better meet specific needs.
- Ensure the customer is represented – Whether it is an individual or a creative team being used, it is important to ensure that the customer base is represented within the video. By that, the story needs to include a diverse perspective and be relatable to the customer demographic.
- Follow the customer journey – The best stories are based on experience; therefore, it is important that everyone involved follows the customer journey which includes trying out products or services. This allows for a greater understanding and insights which can be applied in the storytelling.
- Create a main character – A key to long-form video is making use of storytelling. The key aspect of most any story is Lounge Lizard blog articles.
- How can AI Benefit your Customer Experience?
- Insider Tips for Reducing Customer Churn You Probably Don’t Use
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Content Creators
- Top 10 Tips for Facebook Retargeting Ads