Focus on Email Marketing in June for success in December
While it might seem strange to be thinking about December and the holiday shopping season at the beginning of summer, you need to be if you want to maximize your success during the biggest shopping time of the year. Top web development companies know that you need to focus on email marketing in June for success in December. By taking that time now, you will be able to increase both engagement and demand ahead of your competition and that can pay big dividends at the end of the year.
“The early bird catches the worm,” ~Social Proof for obtaining more sales and that concept is also effective with email marketing. Using testimonials and reviews can provide a way to reduce cart abandonment and add legitimacy.
Mistakes to Avoid
Typically an email marketing campaign involves a good amount of time and energy so it makes sense that you want to avoid shooting yourself in the foot if possible. These are some of the more common mistakes we see being made with campaigns that you should definitely avoid:
- Lack of Clear Goals – Every marketing campaign needs to have clear goals. What is it that you are trying to accomplish? Without clear goals, it is impossible to determine the success of your actions. For example, if you are sending out emails to increase site traffic, what is your goal of opens and then visits? With clear goals, it makes it much easier to formulate plans, review analytics and ultimately understand if your campaign did what you wanted it to do.
- Forgetting to Entice – The majority of businesses don’t have an eager email list that will open and pounce on every offer they receive. That means before you launch an important campaign, time should be spent baiting the hook or warming up the audience. For those who have low open rates, using giveaways or other promotions might be in order to increase rates. You also need to understand what customers want, need, or are looking. Surveys are a great way to learn more about your list so that you are in a better position to provide enticement.
- Not Being Mobile Friendly – Honestly, if your emails are not optimized for mobile viewing then you are missing out on business. More than likely you yourself have read plenty of emails on a mobile device and those which aren’t optimized can be very hard to read which typically means getting ignored or deleted. All emails need to be mobile-friendly from subject lines to content to where they are sent if they click a Lounge Lizard blog articles.
- Tips for Writing Email Subject Lines that will Double Open Rates
- AMP Up Email Engagement and Conversions with Accelerated Mobile Pages
- Why following Google’s Rules is Always the Best Practice
- Insider Tips for Guest Blogging Everyone Should Know
- To Link Build or not Link Build – That is the Question!