How can you get more sales lead conversions?
If you build it, they will come. While that might have worked for Ray in Field of Dreams, when it comes to an online business you need more from your visitors than just showing up; you need to then turn those leads into conversions. So how can you get more sales lead conversions? That is an excellent question and as a top web development company, we wanted to share a fairly straightforward approach to help you move out of the field of dreams and into the reality of conversions.
The first thing to understand is the necessity of this process. It is already difficult enough to get viable leads coming to your site. You have investing time, energy, and money into your marketing efforts just to get people in the door so you really don’t want to waste those efforts by not then fine-tuning your conversion process.
Converting more Sales Leads
For most online businesses a multi-step process should be employed to maximize the sales lead conversion process:
- Capture attention – Just because someone comes to your website it doesn’t mean instant success. You still have to turn those visitor numbers into conversions. The first step in that process is by capturing their attention within seconds of arrival. This can be done with visuals, messaging – providing value. Visitors arrive at your site for a reason, typically because they have a problem to be solved from needing a product, staving off boredom, etc. There are many ways to capture attention from offering free solutions or demonstrating how your products or services can provide the value they need.
- Use analytics religiously – our other posts on marketing, SEO, and the like to shore up those areas first. Then a focus can be placed on sales lead conversions.
The Bottom Line
The bottom line is that you can get more sales lead conversions by following what is by in large considered better business practices. These steps we have outlined are by no means groundbreaking or unheard of and they fit well with most business types. At the end of the day, it comes down to consistency and following the process to earn continued success. If you build it they might come, but making sure they stay and convert requires continual effort and focus.
Be sure to check back every week for great new Lounge Lizard blog articles.
- Great Ideas for Instagram Posts
- What are the Top Metrics for Customer Retention?
- How to get Better Results from Online Surveys
- Should you use Video Marketing?