The B2B Marketing Mistakes Everyone Makes
You might be surprised to know that most businesses involved in B2B marketing are making mistakes on a daily basis. That should not only give you pause but also a bit of excitement. If your business can avoid the B2B Marketing Mistakes everyone makes, then you will be in a better position for greater earnings. As a top digital agency, we want our clients to succeed which is why we always share important information like this with them.
Everyone makes mistakes. That is often how we learn and progress in our life, gaining wisdom from our failures. However, in business, it is not an efficient model of profitability to constantly learn in this manner. By learning from others, your business can avoid the loss of time and resources that plagues many of your competitors.
A quick note, this list of mistakes is not sexy. Consider them more of the “dirty work” of marketing that people avoid. Of course, therein lies the mistake. The dirty work establishes the foundation from which the empire will rise and should be embraced, not avoided.
Common B2B Marketing Mistakes
- Failing to map content to the sales funnel – Creating content for content’s sake is wasteful. While a business needs to craft content for newsletters, emails, social media, blogs, and website needs, that content needs to be part of a content strategy. This strategy should be connected to the sales funnel to nudge potential customers along their journey. Go further than just creating a content calendar and focusing on keywords. Map content to the sales funnel, find the areas that are not being tended too and create a strategy that moves customers down to the next phase.
- Not following best practices for search – They are called “best practices” for a reason, and yet plenty of people either ignore them or don’t stay up to date on changes. For Organic search, it is an absolute must that you follow Google’s best practice Lounge Lizard blog articles.
- How can you get more Sales Lead Conversions?
- What is the purpose of Content Planning?
- A 10 Step Brand Development Strategy for your Professional Services Firm
- The Difference Between Retargeting and Remarketing
- The Benefits of Outsourcing Creative and Marketing Services