Tips for What to Post on Social Media During Lockdowns
Every single social media platform has seen a significant increase in user activity as a result of millions of people around the globe staying home. The COVID-19 influence has changed how we live in a very short time, leaving most of us grappling with new schedules and routines as we try to find some semblance of everyday normal. From a pure numbers’ standpoint, there has never been a better time to engage with your audience. But at the same time, what do you post?
Most people have no interest in shopping for goods or services other than essential needs. That typically takes much of your content off the table which has left many fumbling for answers as to what people will engage with. As a top digital marketing firm, we wanted to share our decade-plus of experience with these Tips for What to Post on Social Media During Lockdowns.
What to Post on Social Media
This is a unique time, one that has never been seen by the social media world. A global pandemic has created waves of uncertainty and stress along with massive disruptions. The focus for a business at a time like this on social platforms should simply to be human. We’re all in this together, so do what you can to support your fellow Earth-dwellers and create a stronger online community.
- Inform – People turn to social platforms for news and information as much as anywhere else on the internet. A key service which a business can provide is to offer current, relevant, and useful information in your niche. This can be a way to connect with the business for customer service needs, to sharing important COVID-19 information from reputable sources like the CDC or WHO or using your expertise to provide relevant knowledge people might need right now.
- Entertain – Everyone can use a laugh right now along with ways to alleviate boredom. Find diverse ways to entertain your followers on your various channels. Have co-workers share experiences and pictures of the struggles of working at home. Take a page out of the Lounge Lizard blog articles.
- Top 5 Ways to Improve Facebook Campaigns in 2020
- Should I Integrate my Social Media Marketing and Blog Marketing?
- Top 7 Landing Page Tips for More Conversions
- How do you Build an Email List?
- Are you Using Sustainable Marketing Yet?