Top Email Marketing Tips for Higher Engagement
Email marketing is still a very viable type of advertising. It can drive traffic and increase customer engagement, but only when people are opening and reading those emails. Therein lies the rub as most of us are inundated with dozens of emails per day which we don’t even bother opening. As a top digital marketing firm that provides email marketing management services, we understand the challenges this type of advertising faces. Today we wanted to share some of our favorite email marketing tips for higher engagement.
After all, if people aren’t bothering to open the door after you ring the bell, how will they ever know all the wonderful things you have to offer?
Email Marketing Tips for Higher Engagement
- Use a great subject line – Subject lines should be the top focus of any email when it comes to marketing. They really need to stand out from the crowd if you expect people to not only see them in a crowded email box but then want to open them. Creativity and enthusiasm are a must along with at least one highlight or key point of your email. For example, when sending out a promotional email with a great coupon, that coupon needs to be mentioned in the subject line. Try and write a half-a-dozen subject lines for any email marketing campaign and then test them either with a focus group or co-workers.
- Follow critical subject line rules – We covered the topic of subject lines earlier this year. You can read the full blog article here. It is worth the read as we cover the right words to use in a subject line, words to avoid, character limit, use of Lounge Lizard blog articles.
- Understanding Google Page Speed Criteria
- Copywriting Tips for Ideas and Motivation
- Ecommerce Digital Marketing Tips You Need to Know
- Top Digital Marketing Myths of 2019
- 2019 Holiday Checklist for SEO Optimization