Website Maintenance Tips every Business Should Know
Website maintenance should be a top priority for any company that utilizes a website as a core component of their business. Not only does regular maintenance ensure maximum efficiency, but it also helps protect the time and money invested in your website. As an award-winning website design company, we wanted to share important Website Maintenance Tips every business should know.
After all, you wouldn’t skip oil changes and 30,000-mile checkups for your car. You need your car to get you from Point A to Point B, and also to do it safely. So why would you risk performance and security issues for a key component of your business?
Website Maintenance Tips
This list of tips provides a basic guideline of what we feel every site should do on a regular basis. Please note, this does not cover things such as content audits, SEO audits, or other marketing tasks. While those should also be done regularly, they don’t fall under the same scope of website maintenance. Those aspects generally are under the digital marketing umbrella, while web maintenance is under web development.
- Schedule regular reviews – At the very least your site should be reviewed and tested annually and after any updates. Quarterly is a much more ideal schedule, as things change rapidly in the online landscape. The entire site should be looked at carefully with every element tested. You might find content errors, broken links, features that are not loading properly, issues with load time, typos, and more. Every single page should be reviewed. A focus should be placed on the user experience during these reviews, acting as if you are a customer to make sure you see the site through their eyes. Do not forget to ensure the site meets accessibility standards for people with disabilities as well.
- Test device compatibility semi-annually – Over time there are shifts in both devices and browsers. This can cause compatibility issues with websites. Therefore, it is a good idea to test your site on the newest mobile devices and tablets along with Lounge Lizard blog articles.
- How to Properly Optimize your Website SEO for Voice Search
- Understanding the Difference Between Responsive and Adaptive Web Design
- How can AI Benefit your Customer Experience?
- 5 Takeaways from the recent Google IO
- How to Perform a Quick Technical SEO Audit